Saturday, October 20, 2012

Write-in to sundown festival concert organisers to feedback on the safety of noise level of concerts

I just sent an email to sundown festival concert organisers at contact@sundownfestival.sg to feedback on to take measures to ensure safety of concert-goers when it comes to the noise level of the concert. I suffer from tinnitus (a persistent ringing noise in my ear when I am in a relatively quiet environment) and some hearing loss after I attended a sundown festival concert in 2010. It has been quite a trial for me in life with hearing loss and affects my life in quite a negative manner. I have not sought any legal action regarding this issue because it is foremost very expensive to get legal consultation on the issue, and secondly, I don't think I have much chance of succeeding in legal action in a personal capacity against an organisation that would have the money to field a powerful legal team against my suit. But I hope that I can make a positive difference by feedbacking on my personal experience and ensuring that other concert-goers in the future do not sustain similar harm as I have. Below is my message to sundown festival organisers.

Dear organisers of sundown festival,

I would like to feedback on a safety issue regarding the concert sound level used at sundown festivals. I sustained tinnitus and hearing impairments after attending a sundown festival concert 2010. It is my concern for other concert-goers that they do not suffer from the same fate that I did. It is my feedback that sundown festival organisers should monitor the sound levels of sundown festival concerts to ensure that the noise level are within safe levels, or provide concert-goers with earplugs, such as those dispensable kinds, if noise level at the concert would be of unsafe levels.

Regards,
Samuel Tee

No comments:

Search This Blog