Monday, October 8, 2012

Prayers for Wisdom

I am frustrated by my difficulty in comprehending the various topics for my law studies. I seem to possess a rather terrible mental capability, such that I am hard of understanding even though I try so hard to understand what is going on during lectures. I would say that I have always found it hard to understand lectures, even right back in Junior College, and I had to rely on the school notes and slowly analyze them to truly understand the subject. I do wish that understanding lectures were easy for me. I am having a rather tough time at law school, and I wonder why this is so. I had my second trial advocacy lesson just now, and I volunteered to play the witness. I had botched up playing the witness role during my first trial advocacy tutorial as I could not remember the information relating to my character. I thought that I was more familiar now with the witness role as I had read through the trial advocacy handout again. So I volunteered to play the witness as I felt ready to give the role another try and to overcome my mental barriers of inadequacy. But to my frustration, I found that I had a hard time knowing how to respond as the witness again as I could not remember the information. Halfway through, I excused myself and asked a group mate to help take on the role as I was bumbling with my answers as I did not know how to answer the questions in a way that would truly reflect the character of the witness.

I would need to have wisdom to be able to understand law school materials that features rather austere and technical discourses like the law on corporate duties and protection of minority shareholders, and to be able to understand and write on topics like that for comparative legal tradition featuring high-minded and abstract discourses on legal pluralism and the idea for the development of a unified body of global administrative law.

Thus, for today, I would like to submit my petitions to God to grant me wisdom so that I may be able to cope with law school. I feel like I am at my wits end and have been contemplating dropping out of law school. Indeed, if there is no changes to the way things are proceeding in my law school life, I see it as being extremely vexatious and pointless in continuing with my misery at law school. I have searched the internet for some prayers and verses to say to God to ask for wisdom and will present them below.

James 1:5-6 - If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.

http://1redthread.wordpress.com/2008/09/28/prayer-for-wisdom-and-discernment/
Lord, I pray You would give me Your wisdom and understanding in all things. I know wisdom is better than gold and understanding better than silver (Proverbs 16:16), so make me rich in wisdom and wealthy in understanding. Thank You that You give wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding (Daniel 2:21). Increase my wisdom and knowledge so I can see Your truth in every situation. Give me discernment for each decision I must make. Please help me to always seek godly counsel and not look to the world and ungodly people for answers. Thank You, Lord, that You will give me the counsel and instruction I need, even as I sleep.

 http://www.catholic.org/prayers/prayer.php?p=772
Great is the wisdom of the Lord!
God Almighty, Your Wisdom includes
An understanding of what is fair,
What is logical, what is true,
What is right and what is lasting.
It mirrors Your pure intellect!
I entreat You to grant me such Wisdom,
That my labours may reflect Your insight.
Your Wisdom expands in Your creations,
Displaying complexity and multiplicity.
Your Wisdom is an eternity ahead of man.
May Your wisdom flourish forever!

No comments:

Search This Blog