Saturday, September 15, 2012

Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra)


I heard this song playing overhead on radio while I was having my meal at the Bishan KFC restaurant in the afternoon before going to school to discuss on the presentation for company law that we have to give on Tuesday next week. I like the catchy tribal ornamental xylophone tune, and the passionate, pensive voice of the singer. I thought it would be a pity if I just forgot about such a beautiful song, and so I tried listening intently to the lyrics of the song, but I couldn't make out the lyrics except for the words "used to know". I googled it on my Ipad and found the music video on youtube.

It has quite an artistic music video. It seems like an allusion to the theme of the Garden of Eden. I checked out the lyrics. It speaks of a rather painful breakup experience for the man, who criticizes the woman for being so harsh in the way she seemed so callous in the way she behaved when she broke up the relationship, although he had the sentiment that the relationship was not fulfilling for him. And the woman gave her reason for having to do things the way she did, because she felt cheated in the relationship and was tired of being made to feel at fault when the man behaved badly in the relationship.

Such a sad relationship...

No comments:

Search This Blog