Friday, April 5, 2013

Visit to NUS Kent Ridge

I am at central library of the main campus of NUS at Kent Ridge right now.  I thought I might have a lecture crash day to check out other courses at NUS and see if any is better suited to me than law. But I didn’t pass by any lecture theatre that had lectures going on. I suppose I would come another time, perhaps next week, to check out the faculties once again. I think I have already passed the deadline for submitting an application to change course though. But anyway, I would very much want to complete my degree in law. I do find the study of law interesting and enlightening about how society works, and I do like the notion of defining my role in society as being a lawyer. It is a respectable job, and I would like to think I can spend my life devoted to this veritable aspect of societal function. I do hope I may find the competence one day to do well in law school.

I passed by the various faculties, from medicine, to engineering, to the faculty of arts and social sciences. At the lobby of the dentistry faculty, I passed by some posters featuring the research works of their faculty members that was about the composition of suitable material for fake teeth. I passed by the engineering faculty. There were these two China students who had constructed a remote control hover craft model, replete with turbine engines and all, which they were testing out at the ground level floor of their faculty. It would be rather cool if one sees these tech whizzes testing their robotic gadgets in the law faculty. They would be quite a looker. I guess that the law faculty misses out on a certain interfaculty experience from being secluded up on Bukit Timah hill.

I decided to go to the central library. The metric card that I use at the law faculty’s CJ Koh library does grant me access to the central library as well. There is a journal section at the upper level containing bounded journals of various subjects. I browsed through some of the engineering journals, as well as the religious studies journals.

And so now, I am at the computer section which is situated near where the entrance of the library is. Reservation of a computer has to be made, and the allocated time is around an hour. There are quite many people around in the library. I just bumped into a former junior college school mate who is now studying in the materials science faculty whom I had not seen in years. He was telling me how I should join a co-curricular activity in campus to get in touch with people around my age group.

I will certainly be interested in coming back another day and crashing a lecture from the various faculties, and giving their textbooks and journals a read.

No comments:

Search This Blog